Life & Health has been a regular feature of the Thursday line-up from 4:30-5:00 pm on WTAJ-TV 10 Central PA LIVE since May, but on July 19, a new set, a new format and even more access to lots of great health and wellness information will be in the line up.
"We love the Life & Health segment on Central PA LIVE because of the access of our cameras to the latest technology, medical procedures and happenings at Mount Nittany Health. This segment takes physicians outside of the exam room for a detailed look at the medical issues that are important to you and your family, and that help move Life Forward. The new features recently put into place only enhance that mission," says Sarah Swistak, host.
New features of the segment will include:
- Your Questions Answered! - A call-in or email option to get your question to the physician.
- Health Interactive - Phone, text, or email polling on health topics.
- Physicians in the Community - Profiles of physicians in non-clinical settings, like hot air ballooning or volunteering in the community.
- Health Topics In-depth - Month-long themes to give more coverage to a topic.
- My Mount Nittany Story - Patient and physician team up to talk about disease, treatment and recovery.
Watch for these stories on Central PA LIVE in July:
- July 19 - Rich Kelley, director, emergency medical services, Mount Nittany Medical Center, "When to Call 911."
- July 26 - J. Frederick Doucette, MD, FACOG, OB/GYN, Mount Nittany Physician Group, "daVinci Robot and Women's Health."
Beginning in August, Life & Health will feature Health Topics In-depth, with five different segments devoted to tobacco and health, as Mount Nittany Health prepares to roll out its tobacco-free plan beginning September 4.
- August 2 - James Freije, MD, MPH, FACS, otolaryngology, Mount Nittany Physician Group, and Jeff Allerton, MD, oncology, Penn State Hershey Medical Group, "Throat and Neck Cancer."
- August 9 - Albert Zoda, MD, FACC, cardiology, Mount Nittany Physician Group, "The Effects of Tobacco on the Heart."
- August 16 - Mike Flanagan, MD, director of family medicine, Penn State Hershey Medical Group, "Second-hand Smoke."
- August 23 - Kristin Sides, patient care navigator, and Whitney Smith, ICOG, "Quitting - a Decision for Life."
- August 30 - Jeffrey Ratner, MD, pulmonologist and senior vice president, medical affairs, and a patient talk about "Tobacco and the Lungs."