National Donate Life Month
- The goal of this month is to increase organ, eye and tissue donor registrations
- Organ transplants have been saving lives for more than 50 years
- As of early 2014, more than 120,000 people in the U.S. are waiting for life-saving transplants
- In Pennsylvania alone, there are 8,366 people on the waiting list
- One organ, tissue and eye donor has the potential to save up to 18 lives and help more than 50 people
- Add your name to the PA registry at donatelifepa.org
For more health-related information, visit mountnittany.org.