On April 23, 2013, Mount Nittany Medical Center began negotiations for a new contract with the Service Employees International Union (SEIU). We have created this page to post appropriate announcements and updates related to the process for our community.
- Mount Nittany Health employs more than 1,900 people, making it the second largest employer in Centre County
- Mount Nittany Medical Center is a sole community provider hospital
- At Mount Nittany Health, 46.5 percent of our workforce consists of SEIU union members
- Those eligible for union representation include Mount Nittany Medical Center employees in environmental services, facilities, maintenance, and nursing positions
- Historically, every three years we negotiate new terms with the union, and 2013 is a negotiating year
- The current contract will expire at midnight on June 30, 2013 unless we have an extension of that contract
The negotiating goals of Mount Nittany Medical Center are, simply stated, to:
- Achieve fair, responsible planning for the financial future of our employees
- Make the best possible decision today to ensure a financially stable outlook for the future
- Stay aligned with local and national benchmarks for employee compensation and benefits
- Consider the long-term effects of changes in healthcare delivery, reimbursement and reform, understanding that changes are expected
- Think beyond finances/issues affecting 2014 in our planning; think long term to 2024 and beyond to ensure sustainability
- Continue to be an employer of choice, offering a quality work environment
During normal business hours (Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm), call us at 814.234.6727. You can also email us at email@example.com.
Communications and Media Relations Director Nichole Monica can be reached at 814.234.6727 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In emergency situations, please call 814.231.7000 and ask for the Communications Department to assist you.