May is Better Sleep Month
- For a better quality sleep, go to bed at the same time every night and wakeup the same time every day.
- Make sure that the bedroom is kept free of electronics including cell phones and television.
- Limit eating, drinking and exercise right before bed.
- Create a bedtime ritual such as reading before bed or taking a warm bath.
- Limit napping throughout the day, which can interrupt nighttime sleeping.
- Speak with a healthcare professional if you are restless throughout the night or experience insomnia.
For more health-related information, visit mountnittany.org.