To help mark Poison Awareness Week, make sure you take the following steps to help protect your child from toxic substances in your home.
- Keep all medicines, cleaners, cosmetics and household chemicals out of reach of children, or in cabinets with childproof latches.
- Get rid of any poisonous plants that are in your home and/or yard.
- Label all poisons.
- Don't store household chemicals in food containers or with food.
- Teach children about the dangers of substances that contain poison.
- In case of poisoning, keep the phone number for the Poison Control Center (800.222.1222) posted on the refrigerator or in another convenient location.
For more health-related information, visit moutnittany.org.