How to protect children who are being bullied
- Let children know that you care for them and reassure them that they are not alone.
- Talk to them about the specific situation where they’re being bullied and offer to help them.
- Work with another adult such as a teacher, counselor or bus driver to try to solve the problem.
- Suggest that the child use a buddy system, as bullies are less likely to bother those in a group setting.
- If the child has signs of bruising, cuts or other physical harm, get help immediately.
For more health-related information, visit mountnittany.org.