Healthy grilling tips for delicious summer meals
- For hamburgers, use ground beef with the lowest fat percentage. Add flavor with diced onion and garlic powder.
- Try chicken sausages, lean turkey dogs or veggie burgers instead of full-fat hot dogs.
- Instead of sautéing in butter, grill veggies like onions, potatoes, carrots, corn and asparagus.
- Preheat the grill for 15-25 minutes to kill off any bacteria.
- Use separate cutting boards, knives and platters for raw and cooked foods.
- Prevent burns with long tongs and a grill-mitt.
- Keep water or a fire extinguisher nearby in case of a flare-up.
For more health-related information, visit mountnittany.org.