Discogram: After the Test
You may be given pain medication after the discogram. You may also have a CT (computed tomography) scan. This imaging test gives more information about the disc. Your doctor will tell you when you can get the results of your test.
After Your Discogram
- Have an adult friend or family member drive you home after the test.
- Take it easy for the rest of the day, as advised.
- Lie down with your head flat if you get a headache.
- You may be in more pain than usual for up to 5 days after the discogram. Your doctor may recommend medication to help ease the pain. If the increased pain lasts longer than 5 days, tell your doctor.
Call Your Doctor If You Have
- Worsening pain in your back or legs.
- Fever over 100.0?F (37.8?C).
- Numbness, tingling, or weakness in your legs.
- A headache that lasts for 2 days or more.