Mount Nittany Physician Group will provide flu shot clinics at a number of locations across the Centre region.
Flu shot clinic locations are as follows:
- University Drive Internal Medicine, 905 University Drive, State College, ?814.237.3122 - open to the public, ages 18 and older.
- Bellefonte Internal Medicine, 141 Medical Park Lane, Bellefonte, 814.355.7322 - open to the public, ages 18 and older.
- Boalsburg Pediatrics, 3901 South Atherton Street, State College, 814.466.7921 - current Physician Group* pediatric patients under age 18 only.
- Penns Valley Area Family Medicine, 4570 Penns Valley Road, Spring Mills, 814.422.8873 - current Physician Group* patients ages 6 months and older only.
- Green Tech Drive Internal Medicine, 2520 Green Tech Drive, Suite C, State College, 814.278.4898 - current Physician Group* patients ages 18 and older only.
- Park Avenue Internal Medicine, 1850 East Park Avenue, Suite 302, State College, 814.234.5056 - current Physician Group* patients ages 18 and older only.
Detailed information about the days and times of the clinics is available at mountnittany.org/fluclinics, or interested individuals may call the practice location for more information.
Most health insurance providers cover flu shots. For area residents who do not have insurance or who would like to pay for their flu shot, the cost is $35.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that people get a flu shot each year as different strains of the flu are constantly emerging and the current season's flu shot is a protection from new types of flu.
For the CDC guidelines of who should - and shouldn't - get flu shots, visit cdc.gov/flu.
Physician Group*: any Mount Nittany Physician Group patient may choose to receive a flu shot at any Physician Group location.