Mount Nittany Physician Group will provide flu shot clinics at a number of locations across the Centre Region.
Flu shot clinic locations are:
- University Drive Internal Medicine, 905 University Drive, State College
814.237.3122 - open to the public.
- Bellefonte Internal Medicine, 141 Medical Park Lane, Bellefonte
814.355.7322 - open to the public.
- Boalsburg Pediatrics, 3901 South Atherton Street, State College
814.466.7921 - for current pediatric patients under 18 only.
- Penns Valley Area Family Medicine, 4570 Penns Valley Road, Spring Mills
814.422.8873 - current patients aged 6 months and older only.
- Green Tech Drive, 2520 Green Tech Drive, Suite C, State College
814.278.4898 - current patients only.
- Park Avenue Internal Medicine, 1850 East Park Avenue, Suite 302, State College
814.234.5056, option 2 - current patients only.
Detailed information about the days and times of the clinics is available at mountnittany.org/fluclinics or interested individuals may call the office for more information.
Most health insurance providers cover flu shots. For area residents who do not have insurance or who would like to pay for their flu shot, the cost is $35.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that people get a flu shot each year as different strains of the flu are constantly emerging and the current season's flu shot is a protection from new types of flu.
For the CDC guidelines of who should - and shouldn't - get flu shots, visit cdc.gov/flu/protect/whoshouldvax.htm.