February is American Heart Month
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women
- Every year, approximately 715,000 Americans have a heart attack
- Approximately 600,000 people die from heart disease in the U.S. each year
- Prevent and control heart disease by partnering with a healthcare provider
- Maintain a healthy weight, eat a healthy diet, and exercise regularly
- Don’t smoke, monitor blood pressure, have your cholesterol checked and manage your diabetes
For more health-related information, visit mountnittany.org.