Back to School – Staying Healthy
It’s very easy for kids to spread germs while they are at school. Help kids stay healthy by teaching them the following tips:
- Use a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw each tissue away after use. If you don’t have a tissue, bend your arm and cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Wash your hands with warm, soapy water throughout the day.
- You should wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, which is about the time it takes the sing the “Happy Birthday” song twice.
- Keep your fingers away from your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread easily this way.
- Do not share objects such as utensils, cups and food.
- Stay home when you are sick.
For more health-related information, visit mountnittany.org.