April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month
- In 2012, an estimated 1,640 children died from abuse and neglect in the U.S.
- Abuse includes physical injury, neglect, sexual or emotional abuse
- It’s more than broken bones or bruises: ignoring kids’ needs, leaving kids unsupervised or making them feel worthless is also abuse
- Abuse affects all racial, economic and cultural backgrounds
- Report suspicions of child abuse or neglect to PA child abuse/protection hotline at 800-932-0313
For more health-related information, visit mountnittany.org.