An in-depth look at hearing loss
- Hearing loss currently affects more than 36 million Americans
- More than half of all hearing-impaired individuals are younger than 65
- Hearing loss can occur from age related changes, ear infections, congenital defects or trauma
- An audiologist can diagnose hearing and balance disorders and evaluates patients of all ages
- Hearing aid technology has drastically improved and is tailored to each individual
For more health-related information, visit mountnittany.org.