Mount Nittany Medical Center recently underwent a two-year operating room expansion to accommodate the growing needs of the region and plan for future growth in surgical and technological capabilities.
Today, the Medical Center is equipped with 12 total operating rooms plus one cystoscopy room, as well as a new post-anesthesia care unit.
The state-of-the-art operating rooms are equipped with features for optimal operating, including:
- Ceiling mounted boom for easy movement of additional equipment
- Ceiling mounted monitors to display pertinent information
- State-of-the art lighting for increased visibility, shadow control, and optimal maneuverability
- Two anesthesia towers located at opposite sides of the room
- State-of-the-art surgical table for optimal patient positioning
Post-anesthesia care unit
The post-anesthesia care unit features 19 recovery bays, including two isolation rooms. The unit is also equipped with four care team stations, environmental services room, and clean storage room.
Clean core supply room
The new design features a clean core concept, in which supplies for all operating rooms can be accessed by surgical staff. The centralized room allows for efficiency and infection control.